|HOW TO WRAP BARS|
1. Tape your cables to your handlebars in a couple of spots. Pull the rubber hood from your brake lever back from the bar as well.
2. Grab a pair of scissors and place them where you can grab them easily.
3. Now it's time to get down to business. At the outer end of your handlebar, start the tape roll on the underside of the bar. Be sure to leave a half width of tape extending beyond the bar.
4. Wrap the tape around the bar up to the brake lever, making sure to overlap the tape by a half width. The key here is to stretch the tape as you wrap so that it clings to the bar very tightly.
5. Grab one of the little rectangular pieces of bar tape and wrap it around the side of the bar opposite the brake lever (you may want to cut the piece a bit shorter to fit properly).
6. Wrapping the bar tape around the little rectangular piece of bar tape and the brake lever requires creativity. Just remember to stretch the tape tightly and we'll see you on the other side of the brake lever.
7. Are you still stretching the tape? Nice. Keep wrapping until you are about 1.5 inches from your stem. If you run out of tape too soon then start over, making sure to overlap the tape less and stretch it tightly.
8. Grab those scissors we told you to keep handy back in step 2. Cut off the excess bar tape. While continuing to stretch the tape, wrap one of the included pieces of electrical tape around the end of the bar tape to keep it in place.
9. Push the overlapping tape into the end of your handlebar and stick the included plug in. You may want to whack the plug in with a rubber mallet or the palm of your hand.
10. Repeat. Nice job, now go out and ride!
|learn more stuff »|