Half lobster cool weather cycling gloves
What could be better than pedaling your favorite trail or path on a crisp afternoon with a canopy of autumnal oranges and reds overhead? Bicycling in cooler weather is a joy and that’s why we’ve created the Aquilo cycling gloves. Aquilo is the Roman god of the North Wind and these half lobster gloves are designed to stand up to his bluster.
4-way stretch windproof fabric covers the back of the hand to provide a close and comfortable fit that takes the bite out of the wind on cool rides. The interior is lined with a warm and comfortable brushed fleece lining. The synthetic leather palm provides great handlebar feel and has reinforced zones for durability and a 2mm gel pad at the base of the palm for comfort. Touch-screen compatible pads on the thumb, middle and index fingers let you access your smartphone without de-gloving. The long cuff covers the wrist and the adjustable hook and loop closure let you personalize the fit and seal out the cold. Additionally, we’ve added a nose wipe on the thumb and index finger and reflective piping on the back of the hand. Give them a try and you’ll find that they’re lightweight, slim-fitting and surprisingly warm. They’re a perfect choice for your spring and fall rides. We even think they’re great for cross-country skiing!
- Style: Half lobster
- Color: Black
- Material: Palm - 50% Polyurethane, 50% Nylon; Back - 90% Nylon, 10% Elastane
- Padding: 2mm gel pad
- Season: spring, fall and mild winter
- Closure: Long cuff with hook and loop closure
- Gender: Unisex
- See our Sizing Chart for help in selecting an appropriate size
- Windproof four-way stretch backing and forchettes for slim fit and warmth
- Touch-screen compatible thumb and fingers
- Synthetic leather palm for great grip and handlebar feel and reinforced zones for durability
- Soft low profile terry cloth wiping surface on thumb and index finger
- Reflective piping for greater night time visibility
- Micro fleece inner lining for comfort and warmth
- Machine washable
For the long-term care of your gloves, it’s best to hand wash them with a mild detergent in lukewarm water and let them air dry. If machine washing is desired, make sure the cuff closures are secured so the "hooks" don't adhere to other items in wash. Add detergent to the wash after the water has started and avoid fabric softeners. To preserve the technical performance of your gloves, we recommend using a simple detergent that is free of additives. You can also rinse non dirty gloves in hot water to get rid of any surfactants that might appear. Never place your gloves in a commercial dryer or use any “hot” settings. They can be machine dried, just be careful to use lower or warm setting. If in doubt, treat them like your jeans and let them air dry for best future fit.
Here are answers to a few frequently asked questions
Shipping is free