Doing business in a different way has been a part of our company culture since its founding in 1996. Environmental sustainability and social responsibility are at the core of our mission as it promotes the power of the bicycle to bring equity and positive change to people, communities, and the environment.
In honor of Earth Day, we have released our first annual sustainability report. See the full report HERE.
Some highlights of successfully completed projects include:
- Installation of a 10-kilowatt solar power system atop our headquarters generates 12,000 kWh per year and eliminates 135 tons of carbon dioxide annually.
- As a certified Platinum level Bicycle Friendly Business, we provide our staff with resources to utilize non-motorized transportation as a primary mode for commuting to work.
- As a member of 1% for the Planet, we pledge time, resources and profits that amount to 1% of our annual sales.
Below are some of our future goals to further lighten its impact on the natural world:
- We are working to understand the entirety of our global carbon footprint so this baseline can serve as the first step toward achieving carbon neutrality.
- We are researching ways to replace poly bags within its supply chain with friendlier alternatives that will still protect products in transit. Currently 45% of our SKUs are shipped in poly bags.
- In our product development process, we are discovering ways to replace virgin plastics with post-consumer recycled plastics whenever possible.
Here is a short video about our sustainability efforts done by Sustain Dane, a local non-profit helping local business with resources to improve their environmental sustainability: